Bloggintresserade

måndag 22 april 2013

Earth Day is our new theme at Digi Darla Challenge Blog

Yep Monday again and that feels good! My hubby is back home after 10 days in Australia and it´s time for a new challenge over at Digi Darla. Woot Woot!

This week our lovely Michele  has picked Earth Day and we are looking for creations that has at least  one recycled item on your project. Can be as simple as scraps.

I made a card using a cupcake liner. I folded it double and then used it as a skirt on this lovely angel, called Annie Angel 4, you can find her here.





I colourd my digi with ProMarkers and Faber Castell pencils. I then cut it out but cut away her own skirt and used this cupcake liner instead. I put a lot of stickles on her wings and shoes. If you click on the picture you will see better what I mean.

I drew around the edges with a white gel pen. I also used one more recycle item. I used the little white circles that get left over after you use a edge punch. I glued them here and there around my angel. Think it looks pretty neat. I also like this colour combo of brown, turquoise and white. What colours do you like?



 I would also like to enter this card into following challenges:
 Bunny Zoe´s Crafts: April Challenge - Favorite colour combo
Cards in Envy: Things with wings 
Dream Vally challenges : Things with wings 
One Stitch At A time #160 - Use a digi 
Crafty Creations Challenges#218: No patterned paper 

7 kommentarer:

  1. So creative Nick. I would never have thought to use a cupcake liner for a skirt never mind anything else. Also love all the white bits on the dark contrasting background. The wings with their stickles are really great too. Such a sweet card.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    SvaraRadera
  2. Such a sweet image and great use of the cupcake liner. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy this week.
    Danie xx

    SvaraRadera
  3. Great recycling - love how you used that cupcake liner! Such a sweet image too.

    Thanks for playing with us at Cards in Envy!

    -andrea
    www.permissiontocreate.com

    SvaraRadera
  4. Hi Helene just wanted to pop over to say thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my Digi Darla entry - it means a lot to me so thank you very much! I love your upcycling of a cupcake case - very innovative and such a great idea for some of those gorgeous cases that are now available hugs Karen

    SvaraRadera
  5. Brilliant use of the cupcake wrapper, it fits just perfectly as her skirt! Great coloring as always. Hugs:)

    SvaraRadera
  6. So sweet. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe.
    Hugs Tracy x

    SvaraRadera
  7. What a clever idea, and it looks absolutely fabulous!

    Thank you for sharing with us

    Lin xx
    Dream Valley

    SvaraRadera