Bloggintresserade

fredag 15 augusti 2014

Recycle it...

Thank you everyone who played along with our Lazy Summer theme last week at Crafty Catz. I had a great time visiting you and I can tell you that there was a lot of things that I like to do during summer.

This weeks them over at 
is set by our lovely Ingrid

She challenge us to 

Recycle it

That means we want you to use something that normally would end up in the bin. You can use it as a embellishment or up cycle it to for a new purpose. So let´s see what you come up with....


Our lovely sponsor this week is


PRIZE ......$15 GC to the Fred She Said Store



I have used some old stamps like these



I then used them to make a background. I first used Mod Podge to glue some old book pages to my cardstock. I then coloured my piece with distress stains - vintage photo and peeled paint.

When it dried I glued the stamps on top of it. I then put more stain and gesso on top of it to make it blend. I used embossing enamel powder to make it bling and add texture.

I embossed a sentiment from AC and two snails from Magnolia with black powder. 








I used a black frame from my local shop and then added a stamp from ADFD that I coloured with ProMarkers and Faber Castel pencils. I also added a lot of pretty flowers.

This is what it looked like when finished



Hope you liked it!

Now please jump over to 
 to see what my talented team mates have recycled!


I wold like to enter this project into following challenges:
Brown Sugar #107 - Anything Goes
Crafting for all Seasons #83 - Feature a creature
Eureka Stamps #102 - Things with wings
Incy Wincy Design - Colour inspiration


IDIC #224 - Anything Goes
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes (Mixed media)



16 kommentarer:

  1. it's a super recycle...... fun project
    Tilly

    SvaraRadera
  2. Gorgeous and beautiful Nick just love what you have done have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Such a great idea Nick. I love the picture. Who would guess it is made from old stamps! The result is stunning. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

    SvaraRadera
  4. Wow, fabulous Nick, love how you've done your background and those flowers are gorgeous, have a great weekend xx.

    SvaraRadera
  5. Hi Nick! How beautifully artsy is this!! I love the fact you used the stamps to create your background. It's so clever! So stunning!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Ingrid xx

    SvaraRadera
  6. Really creative Nick and so gorgeous, wow your so busy....Hope you have a nice week-end.xx

    SvaraRadera
  7. Wow, this is really stunning! I just love that background and your flowers are gorgeous! The colours are so summery and your little fairy girl is just so sweet! Love it! :)

    SvaraRadera
  8. Woh thit is a very nice card . Thank you for playing with our challenge Brown Sugar Challenge . Gr Gea B

    SvaraRadera
  9. Lovely use of the colours. Thanks for joining in the Colour Inspiration challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    SvaraRadera
  10. Love what you created!!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    SvaraRadera
  11. I saw your project on the Crafty Catz page and had to check your blog to get a closer look and see how you made it. It's spectacular! xx

    SvaraRadera
  12. Super project! I'd never have thought to do something like this. Hope you have a great week. Naomi x

    SvaraRadera
  13. amazing. love this a lot, the techniques you have used , the colours I just love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all seasons. Hugs Tina (DT) x

    SvaraRadera
  14. What a creative way of using stamps! Love your project, it's so bright and sunny with a little bit of fantasy theme. Sorry for being so quiet during my holidays, the internet was really lame there. Have a nice week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    SvaraRadera
  15. This is beautiful work - TFS with us over at Altered Eclectics this month. Hugz xxx

    SvaraRadera
  16. Wow this is eye catching! Thanks for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge~

    SvaraRadera